[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Anyone got a match report from last night then ? :-)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:50 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I must say I am suprised by Mach and Leigh's attitude with this. It must be understood that it was an arranged match not a public server. If you want to play games in that manner stick to public servers don't go looking for matches against clans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:25 pm 

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Machiavelli on 2001-11-01 10:08 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:31 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Oh deary deary me :D

I won't take sides, I'll be on my own in the middle. I'll hand out the handbags, pop the corn and make sure we can all see the screen and that the sound's working ok. And make sure the older ones have cushions to sit on. I've got the seat closest to the toilet, I always have the seat closest to the toilet. It's the war wound.

Then I turn the old thing on (television), switch to channel three and we can all hum along to the theme tune and ratter in our best Manchesterian voices. Duuuu duu du da da duuuuuu, duuuu du du da da duuuuu.

Then afterwards we can have a friendly game of Counter-my-stroke, with two friendly teams being friendly to each other ;)

FADE TO:

INT. DOGBOX'S FORUMS - NIGHT

SPUTTY (cont.)
(Stella in hand, grinning for no reason)

Who sets the rules? What rules were we following? We were on a Barrysworld server and obeyed their rules (probably ... not sure I've read them :o but we didn't break the server so that's a start ). And we were in a game booked by our very own Mach (stand up Mach). (Sit down Mach). Following Mach's rules (not read them either, but I'll agree with them cos otherwise I'd ahve to leave). If Mach's rules are "shut up and play a bit o' Counter-my-stroke", then I'll shut up and counter my strokes quietly in the corner, or preferably all together, countering each other's strokes ... or something. Anyone for a biscuit? Or if Mach's rules are "buckle up gentlepeople, I'm restarting the game" then I put on my Thomas The Tank Engine battle armour and get restarted.

We wern't playing in an organised league, we were playing at the mercy of Mach-man on a server he booked for DVF. We were there for a friendly game. When everyone was there and we'd warmed up, we changed map ... which I thought was perfectly adequate, but it became apparent that only the winning side is happy with the chairs on which they sit. Would abfab have stayed quiet had they been winning? I dunno, that's why i asked :p

When Mach said "no restart, boyos" that meant the rules of the game we were playing were "no restart, boyos" not the rules some league may use. If someone doesn't like the rules he can either play discontented, or leave. And after a boil to the former, we had a simmer for five minutes with the latter. Then we poored off the water and enjoyed the cooked carrots (no salt, don't like salt). We had a decent game :p ).

I haven't made any enemies or anything remotely like that in the last twenty-four-plus-a-couple hours, and I'm sure noone else round this table has. (Enemies are bad to have: "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" a very wise film character once said, and frankly my friends smell so unpleasant that if i had enemies, I'd have to amputate my nose). Expectations differed, attidudes towards conflicting opinions were less than fluffy, and thus some of us decided to run away and enjoy life in another place, leaving those who wanted to stay to enjoy a nice friendly (friendly) game.

FADE TO BLACK.

FADE THE FEK BACK IN AGAIN:

SPUTTY (cont. ... still)
(scratching his head)

Now who pinched mah Stella while I was typing??? :mad:

FADE TO PINK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:03 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

aaaahhhhh, hOW REFRESHING THE WANDERS OF A STELLA TAINTED OPINION!;) doh!_< that feckin caps lock is gunna get broke in a minute!

Obviously a couple of orange tangos has an equally strange effect on the forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:38 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

"We wern't playing in an organised league, we were playing at the mercy of Mach-man on a server he booked for DVF. We were there for a friendly game. When everyone was there and we'd warmed up, we changed map ... which I thought was perfectly adequate, but it became apparent that only the winning side is happy with the chairs on which they sit. Would abfab have stayed quiet had they been winning? I dunno, that's why i asked."

Well you did ask to use that server cos you complained that our server was to laggy for some of your 56kers. Now if we had used our server and Matron did the admin. then the game would have gone smoothly as it did the last time we had a game...Sue did the restarts and everyone was happy because thats the way you do it. I find the additude of some of your team very odd. Can you not see that you refusal for a restart in the right place fucked up your chances of playing a serious team again. And changing map is not adequate because, as you should know, it's entirly possible that not all the team will get through the map change. Sometimes it fails to reload and the player is dropped. It means the player will have to restart and prob miss the pistol round...
Now it seems obvious to me that a restart when all team members are in makes a lot of sense. BTW you can't be winning if the game had not started. I think I made it clear before we had the first match that we need the friendlys for practice for league games...and so it should be run as a league game (which friendlys usually are). Do you think they use different rules in football friendlys?NO.. and are football friendlys taken seriously? YES
Try not restarting with any clan you will get the same response. So I repeat, Play only in public servers or with your own team members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:59 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Jeez, I'm glad I didn't play until after this all went down.

Personally I play CS for some fun and don't really see eye to eye with all this serious malarky but if everyone was like me then the world would be a very boring (and tone deaf) place.

If we ever play a 'proper' clan again it might be a good idea to get the rules sorted out before hand. DVF might not want to play by strict league rules and the other clan might not want to play by not so strict DVF rules.

IMHO the whole reason DVF came about was that a group of people from the forums wanted to play CS with people they knew and got on with. I really enjoy playing CS with you guys (starting to well up now :D) and if it wasn't for DVF I don't think i'd be playing CS (as there are some real idiots on the public servers). I know my mate paul has commented quite a few times that he prefers playing with DVF as 'they're a good bunch of lads and the games are always really good fun'

I guess what I'm trying to say is I play to have fun, I don't know the more serious rules and I'm not really that bothered.

All this proper clan malarky sounds like hard work to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:12 am 

<sigh> Another day, another post from Rehab (which I can't be bothered reading).

Take a look at the top of the page. What do you see? Please tell me it's the 'DVF Counter-Strike Forums'. Cos you seem to be looking for

You said your piece (and then you said it again ... and again) so why do you feel the need to continually spam these forums? Whatever you're looking for, you ain't gonna find it here.

Heil ABfab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 2:03 pm 
DVF Long Member
DVF Long Member

I am amazed by your childish attitude Mac! :confused: It was clear that abfab wanted a game that would be the same as a league match i.e. 6 players a side etc. The fact that someone from DVF couldn't be arsed to do a restart to officially begin the MATCH is our cock up and we should just take it on the chin.
Cludery is right we did all join DVF because we all love playing CS FOR FUN, but if we do request games against league clans and it is made clear that it should resemble a league match then that's how we should play. Oh and there's no reason why a league type game every now and then wouldn't be fun..is there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 5:25 pm 

Well to you!

I'm leaving this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:19 pm 
DVF Long Member
DVF Long Member

LOL.... :)
I just love those smilies :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:35 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

:p
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:12 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

I'm with Cluderi on this one. I too joined the game in question after said event and only got the tail end of what happened. I think that we are in risk of alienating some DVF'ers here as well as AbFaB if we're not a bit more accomodating (if that's what we really want, is it?). As said earlier, we are a friendly bunch of DVD Forum regulars who enjoy playing CS and the fact that we have some flag to follow (-=DVF=-) just makes the experience even better and comradely(is that spelt correctly, surely not?). I mean ffs I've never even seen any of you guys before yet I seem to value the games we play and the words you say (maybe a line for the next Gary Barlow song!)

I think JaHaD has a valid point too in that if we are going to involve other groups then the ground rules should be laid out clearly beforehand, it all seems a bit silly getting upset about it now. I think we should learn from this (AbFab and DVF) and in future organise things to both parties likings beforehand. I must say AbFab I emailed you a few days before the game and no-one had the courtesy to reply, but thats beside the point.

Oh and btw Mach (and Dogbox) I'm sure we are all together in appreciating the work that you do to get our DVF games sorted as well as the website (...put brown tongue away for later). Lets not turn this DVF thing into anything more than a game hey.

I'm going to the pub soon to try and get my 2 free pints of Guiness from the Guiness crew, i suppose I should post that on the bargains thread, Sputnik won't be too pleased I bet.

LuRiA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:54 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

I must admit to absolutely loving the DVF games, but for slightly different reasons! Its the only way you can be guaranteed a game with a group of lads(and possibly lasses) that aren't a bunch of cheating gits!
I love you all and thank god for our the little things(hitting Sput point blank with me AWP;) and generally whoring about¬!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:57 am 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Well basically as i see it there were NO "rules" set down before the game started and in hindsight that was an error.

It would have been a good idea to tell us that you wanted restarts, before the game had started. (i cant comment if this is how you normally do it because i wasnt at the last game), as far as i was aware this was just a friendly match, where everybody was playing to have a good laugh.

I still think it was bad sportsmanship on your behalf to just up and leave.

It could of all been sorted out and we could of just used that map as a "warm up" and then on the next map we could of done a restart when everybody had connected, if you handnt of left.

Im not trying to make enemies here, just make a point :D

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:31 am 
Forum Member
Forum Member

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.btinternet.com/~philip.a.john/apology.wav">

All I can say is it is standerd to do restarts. It even makes sense! You see not everybody joins the game at the same time and some may miss the pistol round altogether. This is why, as a rule on any organised match, restarts are done. If you can cast you minds back to the first match we had (in which half our team kept dropping out :/) Sue who was doing the admin stuff did restarts when everybody was ready and waiting on the server. Everbody went away happy, even though some of us (meaning me) did not play to our best ability.

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: -AbFab-ReHaB on 2001-11-01 07:50 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:00 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Don't you get to play the pistol round when you map change ?

What about the poor guys who have to play about 4 pistol rounds cause they have to restart all the time ?

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:07 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:48 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:56 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 11:02 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

ROFLMAO!!!!!, ive just heard the background sound, bloody wet myself!!! :D :D :D :D

funniest thing ive heard in ages!! :)
like it ;)

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Leigh on 2001-11-01 23:03 ]</font>