[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - What custom maps do we want on the server?
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:40 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I'm downloading a load of custom maps to upload once we have the server. Here's a list of what I've got so far. (I've not included some that I grabbed but are a bit rubbish, btw, and we can always delete and add maps whenever we want). This includes all of the ones Mach mentions on the site, and any sounds/sprites necessary for them to work.

ASSASSINATION:

as_rising_sun

HOSTAGE RESCUE

cs_arabstreets_fixed
cs_assault2k
cs_beiruit
cs_bigwong
cs_india
cs_mansion
cs_real_alpin
cs_rio
cs_robbery
cs_school
cs_winternights
cs_woodz

BOMB / DEFUSE

de_airninja
de_celtic
de_deadlock_b1
de_greatoutdoors
de_havoc_b1
de_heat
de_hydro
de_jeepathon2k
de_predator
de_scud

and now for something ... a little different:

AWP ONLY

awp_map
awp_map_suicidal_b1
awp_snowmap
awp_streetsnpr

HE ONLY

he_tennis_dlx

KNIFE ARENA

ka_dust
and the following comes in a KA map pack:
ka_arena
ka_colosseum
ka_fightclub
ka_frost
ka_japarena
ka_lazytown
ka_matrix
ka_moonpie
ka_officefight
ka_rats
ka_rink
ka_rusti
ka_silo
ka_snow
ka_space
ka_stack
ka_stonecutter
ka_thewall
ka_trainyard
ka_winter

And a few I'm gonna get in a sec: drugwar, railroad (loved that one :D ) and the other assault one.

That lot comes to 66 megs, mostly individually zipped. I'm not sure what the allowance is on the server though. I've asked on their forums, so hopefully we'll get an answer before we have to find out ourselves :)

Anyone recommend any maps that are not on there? Or think that any of these ones are too rubbish to be on the list?

Another thing to think about is how we're all gonna get these maps on our 'puters ;) Another is to wait until we play them and download them automatically through counterstrike. Another option is to get a CD with them all on in circulation. I could start that, since they're all on my HD. There's no need to send a CD to everyone, as we've got plenty of time between deciding upon the custom maps to include and getting access to the server. We'll just have to spend 27p on a stamp each ;) (If there's anything else that I could stick on the CD just say so -- maybe that "bink bink" video? :D Oh and the Killer Bean v2 -- anyone who hasn't seen that is missing a treat :D

As always, thoughts on a postcard please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:00 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Got a reply about the custom map capacity ;)

So what I propose we do is..... Get a CD of all the maps we'd want to play, then I'll upload a few at a time. Slowly we'll work out which we enjoy most, and we can delete a few. Then we won't end up with too many (and my Rcon Menu won't be full of custom maps :p ).

And of course, we want to play the official maps most I imagine -- they're still better than most custom maps ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:36 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yup, send to me!!

Basically every possible map we would want to play. also if we use the same maps as the server we wont get any map errors!!

And the CD, possibly send to paying people only 1st. that way the paying people can play all the games, and any others will have to DL or wait!

Possibly add on the CD all the patches, possibly other mods and other bits (like ICQ). not that we need them all but they are nice to have.

We would have to sort out a mailing list as well, so that the CD doesnt have to go far (ie mail to the nearest person).

???

-=DVF=- The best way to get a large phone bill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVFCounter-StrikeTeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 6:36 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 7:33 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Jamie, bless 'is 'art, is going to do a CD of patches, maps and other bits 'n bobs ;) )

We just need to work out what we're gonna do with it :D

(a) Do we have 16 copies, in which case we'll be paying more?

(b) Or do we share the cost of two or three copies, which we then post on until everyone's had it?

(c) Or do we just get one copy, that we then mail round? Maybe one or two of us copying it again?

Thoughts on the back of a CD-R :p But I think i prefer (b) if Jamie can find three spare CDRs :) EDIT - having said that, I'll make an extra copy of it as well and send that on.

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Sputnik on 2001-11-15 19:35 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 7:44 pm 

cs_rio and bigwong

How does this work then. Just upload the maps you want and then the map cycle file dictates what actually gets on the list at that moment in time?

A few more suggestions:

<b>cs_galleon_f</b> (bit difficult to find, I had it but somehow it got corrupted)
<b>cs_tire</b>
<b>de_antigen</b>
<b>de_atlantis</b>
<b>de_fang</b>
<b>de_rapidtransit</b>
<b>de_rise</b>
<b>de_predator</b> (not as good as 3Dmikes other maps, but still good)
<b>de_village</b>

and don't forget <b>cs_docks</b>

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Machiavelli on 2001-11-15 20:07 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 7:44 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

just bought a batch of cdr's (vouchers from bargains forum :) ) & cable, if you need stuff burnt & sent out, shouldnt be a problem, just point me in the right direction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 7:56 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 8:00 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:40 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:25 am 

There's a rat pack on with the following:

de_rats3_v2
cs_mice_final
cs_rats2_final
de_mice2
de_rats_2001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:54 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Ok, so does Jamie have our addresses? doubt it. so is there a secure page we can post our addresses on, say password protected, as I don't really fancy having any loon knowing where i live. I'm just thinking that it saves mailing another person our addresses next time theres a new patch/game/DL etc. which no doubt there will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:31 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:35 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:39 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:25 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

OK fair enuff.... lets make it:

Anybody who wants the CD (and is happy sending it on to the next person!) send me nickhorton@gmx.co.uk your address, mentioning if you're willing and able to donate a CDR in the form of an extra copy :) (Don't need many to do this though, maybe just one or two others).

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Sputnik on 2001-11-16 13:30 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:54 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Ok, I went into the ftp side of the jolt server last night and downloaded every cs and de map going.
All 1637 of em.
Ive got the Knife Arena pack, and Rats pack.
If you get a comprehensive list on here with all the maps you could possibly want, for the next few months anyway, and I'll bang em on the disk, along with 1.0-1.3 retail patch 80 meg, and the 100 meg mod patch.
I am having trouble finding a working copy of
the map fix pack for 1.3. Mine is corrupted, and I cant find the one with the installer anywhere.

I am getting all the Escape and Assasination maps too as we speak. Ill just put em on a cd for future reference.;)

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:00 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Blimey! Nice one :D

We don't want so many maps that we can't decide which ones to upload though :eek: :D (Well maybe we do .... :D )

Keep emailing me addresses if you want the CD to pass through your hands :)

Oh and Jamie, don't forget the few that are on Mach's website but not on Jolt ;) Can't remember the names off hand ... actually I think it's only cs_bigwog :)

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Sputnik on 2001-11-16 16:02 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:37 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Got em.
beiruit
bigwong
india
real alpin
rio
robbery
wintenights