[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - (Probably Not) The last thread about that server!
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:13 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

What mods/games do we wont on it, other than Counterstrike?

Mach suggested Day Of Defeat and TFC (was there anything else :confused: ). Then HomerJ and I were chatting about Kingpin (one of my fav games!!!!!), so I'd like to add that :D If we have all four of these, we can fit one more thing on, from the following list:

Front Line Force (not even heard of it!)
Gunman (HL mod that became a full retail game)
Quake 2 (still the best DM around)
Quake 3 (not as good as UT)
Unreal Tourney (not as good as Q3)
eh? :confused: :p
Strike Force (CS-esque UT mod ... not very good :D )
Soldier Of Fortune (LOVE it!!!!)
Tribes (not played this in a while....)
Tactical Ops (is this a UT mod as well :confused: )

Or we can leave the space emplty, for AVP2 (great game, but not tried MultiPlay yet), Wolf2 or something. Or we can leave all four extra spaces empty! :p

What do people think? :)

And this is the LAST OPPORTUNITY for anyone who does NOT want to call the server
-=DVF=- : we don't do VHS
to speak up NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:35 pm 

Front-Line force is crap. Played a demo of gunman didn't like it. All the rest in the list except maybe SoF.

Also played a demo of AvP2 and thought it was pretty dull, so I'd say Return to Castle Wolfenstein if/when that becomes an option.

BTW, how many cheques to go now Sput?

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Machiavelli on 2001-11-23 20:38 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:19 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Now I don't want to advocate any sort of illegal behaviour in these threads as we are all made of the highest moral fibre 'ahem'. Now seeing as I don't have hardly any of those games listed then in the interest of the group wouldn't it be beter if we could all play the games on the server. I'm very willing to pay for the 'backup' media and any transportation costs etc. if anyone feels the desire tomaximise the amount of people able to play these other games on our server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:37 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:39 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:50 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 10:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 11:05 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 11:19 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 11:35 pm 
DVF Long Member
DVF Long Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 9:44 am 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 7:11 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Are we gonna have FF on or off by default? I like to play maps with FF on, but I look for FF in the map names, and dont like joining a server then killing a few team-mates with a well placed grenade, coz I didnt know ff was on. Thinking it could go in the message at start if FF was on or not.

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 10:04 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

I reckon FF should be on ;) it will make things more realistic, also you dont get that many servers with it turned on. think we should have TK_punish on as well though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 10:41 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

TK_punish?
C8

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 11:02 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I say FF on and TK punish on, yeah :)

(TK punish makes you stand outta the ring the next round, if you kill a teammate, for those who don't know :) Incidentally ... it's interesting to note that even if you kill loadsa teammates, you still only miss one round... hmmmm..... < sits thoughtfully > :D )

Punish could always be switched off for DVF TK rounds ;) :p

But it acts as a good incentive not to kill good guys ;) -- FF is much better when you have to try and just HURT them, bringing them down to 10 or so but not kill them ;) More of a challenge.

As for a warning, hows abouts putting in the welcome message (in the Join Team menu I think) something like "FF might be on, it might not -- try and see!" or just "FF might be on, don't shoot friendlies or they'll shoot back harder" :p

Quake 2's a nice idea...

But thinking about it, does anybody play DoD and TFC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 11:35 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I aint never tried TFC. Played DOD a few times. Thats the ww2 one init with Omaha beach as a map? Very SPR. Anyways, if anyone does fancy giving it a go, let me know where and when. I always wanted to try TFC or even Half Life multiplayer, but aint never got round to it.
What about some of the other HL nods like;

Action Half-Life beta 3
CounterStrike beta 6
Jumbot v1.4
Navy Wars v1.3
Sabaneta 2050 v0.70
Scientist Hunt v0.3
Rocket Crowbar v13
Snark Wars beta 1
Rho-Bot v1.0
Sven Co-op v1.3
Jailbreak v1.2
Cold Ice beta 1 patch 2
Oz DM v1.6
Science and Industry v.95
DMPlus v2.5
Phineas Bot v0.21
Soul Reaper v1.07
Badlands
Crossover
Uplink "mod"
etc.. There are loads of them. We could do one mod every 2 weeks, in rotation for a few hours in the morning. 6am till midday. I am up to try any mods, but I think along with the rest of the gameplaying world that cs is one of the better ones.

jamie

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:10 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

***This is a low-smilie post***

Countersrike
Day of Defeat
TFC
Quake 2
Kingpin

Any objections? :) We can't choose stuff like AvP and Wolf2 at the moment. I'd like to try and get one or two of the mods Jamie mentioned but we'd ahve to look at that later, as they're not in the original list of available games. Action HL especially -- Sputty Like!

If we're alright with that list I'll order the server today (maybe) :) Or should we leave an empty slot just incase it's not too easy to take games off at a later stage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:18 am 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

In Tk_punish, doesnt the person who you just TK'd have some options at the beginning of the next round?, like:-

1. Do not punish player who TK'd you
2. TK'r misses this round
3. TK'r cant play for 10 mins etc
4. Kick TK'r
(or similar :) )

Or is this an add on feature ive seen somewhere else? cos i think i might be nice to have the option where you decide the punishment. hhhmmmm think of it Sput having to sit out for 10 mins..... :D

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Leigh on 2001-11-26 09:19 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:48 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

*squeeks in* Yea Im new ^^, But Im from the DVD forums and I just have a idea for the server.

Why not also host a Battle Net server from it? To play games like Starcraft.. which is a lota fun.. Just a idea and there is plenty of software to allow you do to it...

Thats all ^^

EDIT - Wait.. thats not a mod.. But I still think its kinda a good idea.

*sneeks off again*

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Markuswu on 2001-11-26 11:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:43 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member