[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Please try out my server.
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 10:24 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I have set up a server on 62.49.205.148:27015

please enter it, play around and let me know what your ping/speed is like. I have limited it to 8 players for now to see how it handles it.

password is: dvdforums

any server prefernces or mapcycle pref please post here.

thanks,
ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 10:36 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Its not working matey

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:13 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

why not?
I have just tried it and get in fine.

any error messages?

ShyBOy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:24 pm 

Not working for me either.

I tried pasting the IP into the add server option in the CS menu, but it doesn't show up ... just question marks.

If you get it working, I'll give it a try tommorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:59 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

it seems to have worked ok.
a few of us (4) were playing earlier and it seemed to go ok.

all I need to sort out now is zonealarm (the reason why some of you could not get in, sorry), as im not happy leaving the machine unprotected.
I will sort that out tomorrow and we should all be able to play on it. (ping permitting)

c ya all tomorrow for another try.
ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:04 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Cheers shyboy

Hope it all works well, and we all ahve a meeting place

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:05 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I would also like some info on how to get the server onto gamespy... this is so that when we play on it we will be ranked on Csports.net.

Any ideas on how?
I had a quick look but could not find anything.

Please could you all post your fav maps, settings or suggestions for the server.

Thanks,
shyboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:00 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 3:18 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:06 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:51 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 5:09 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:51 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

It is now working 100% (I think)

I just need to add some more RAM and I will leave it on for u lot to test.

Thanks,
ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 10:05 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

The server is now ONLINE

ip: 62.49.205.148:27015
password: dvdforums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 8:58 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

is the server going up tonight? (thursday)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:58 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

The server is up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 11:16 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Sorry guys, I know the server was very laggy tonight.

Im not sure if its the spec of the machine (K6-3 450 with TNT2Ultra)or the fact that its running over ADSL 2meg down 256K up.

Tomorrow ill try and put the server on a faster machine and c if that helps the high ping times we saw tonight.

If there are any more recommendation please post here. I noticed that some people were complaining about FF, do you want it on or off? etc...
Please let me know, it makes my life easier that way.

Good night,
ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 11:36 pm 

I didn't think it was all that laggy. A bit worse than regular servers, and some bad moments, but in general it was pretty good.

Not sure how it'll handle more players, but if you can get it running faster that'll obviously be good anyway.

FF and Fgenade I think should be on. With the maps, drop train, add cs_assault and some custom maps would be good also.

You could start off with one or two like cs_rio and de_rise and see what people think of them (I've only ever played them against bots, so I'm not sure how good they'll be in real life). Just post in advance to give people time to download them, though they're only a few meg each.

If anyone doesn't know where to get these maps, generally the best thing is to type, for example, cs_rio.zip in and download it from one of the pages that comes up.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but if there's any specific settings that you're not sure what to do with post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:01 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

sorry if I'm being gourmless, but when does this server go up? every night?

if so what time?

so far i havent experienced any lag and i got a good ping of 50

I think that for the moment u should have all the normal maps, if we get one we dont like we could always vote it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:32 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

It is uo now on 62.49.205.147:27015

NOTE THE NEW IP ADDY!

Friendly fire is on but apart from that and new server, it is identical to yester.

-=ShyBoy=-