[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Whos up for a -=DVF=- only game on sunday?
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:39 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

If we have enough people, and agree on a time I can make the server available for -=DVF=- only.

might be fun.

ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:51 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Shy

whats happened to the server ?

everything has gone a little quiet mate

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:10 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

well, maybe if we start to 'scheduleing' the games then people will turn up.
But what was happening was that people were turning up but the server was empty, so they just left.

maybe if we schedule the game then people will have some notice and they will be able to make it.

will I c u on Sunday Stu?

ShyBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:54 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I will be there on Sunday, need to know a time tho, to sort it out
jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:56 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Could possibly.

Depending on:
A) Time
B) How pissed i am
C) What kind of mood the missus is in

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:02 pm 

Post a time and I'll try to be there.

As a side note, if we’re gonna add custom maps to the server, one I’ve just found that definitely should be added is de_survivor. Check out some screenshots (and a link to download it). One of the best looking maps I’ve seen, and it plays just as well.

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Machiavelli on 2001-07-20 22:16 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:19 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Ok, Map will be d/l and added to mapcycle.

The server will be up at about 8:00 on sunday evenning.

If you are first in, please hang around till others join.

I will post the mapcycle here tonight so that people can comment.

c ya l8er boys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 2:39 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

wicked 8pm sunday, i'll be there...there will be enuff of us to fill the server wont there, cos i know some clans we could play against but at the moment we dont need to use em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 10:07 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

count me in for sunday night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 4:52 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Sunday, 8pm, Sunday, 8pm, Sunday, 8pm Sunday, 8pm .... right .... got it .... i think

de_survivor looks very interesting. It seems quite different from the standard style, though, but hopefully it will play well :) It looks like some of you have already had a bash so i'll take your word for it :) It certainly looks very pretty .... and i like that ice :D Hours of fun :D

Any other less-than-standard maps going to get thrown in? Other than ones we'd all have to download, I'd like to see highrise and estate again if possible :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:40 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Is the server going to be up tonight? (friday)

I am not going out cos i dont feel well so it would be cool to have a bosh against the DVF team...

whats the IP, as well, cos i know there r 2 but i am having trouble adding servers in cs so I need to use the console and connect that way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 9:23 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

ok. the sever will be on from 8:00 on Sunday evening.
THE IP ADDRESS WILL BE: 62.49.205.147:27015

The mapcycle will be as follows:
de_survivor
de_aztec
de_dust
de_vertigo
de_inferno

Please note, de_survivor is a custom map and will need to be d/l from [url=http://www.cs-maps.jolt.co.uk/dlcount/dlcount.php?url=ftp://ftp2.jolt.co.uk/pub/cs-maps/de/de_survivor.zip]
here[/url] and extracted to your cstrike directory BEFORE the game

How about we play first team to reach ten wins? (mp_winlimit 10)

I am also not sure whether I should place a limit on the number of people entering the game, as I am worried of game performance degrading to the point of being unplayable.

Any thought on any of the above will be appreciated.

ShyBoy

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: -=DVF=-shyboy on 2001-07-20 21:36 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:21 pm 

Nice lineup of maps :)

I've posted the info on the -=DVF=- site incase anyone's missed it here, and it might be worth also posting on the DVDforums.

As to the number of players, I think 5 a side should be okay, at the most 6, and go with the 10 rounds to win limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:34 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

cool new section Machiavelli! Nice one. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 11:01 pm 

Thx.

One more thing - are you going to password it? It would probably be best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 11:14 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

yep, maybe post it on my away message on the day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 1:07 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I wouldn't post it on the DVD Forums -- keep it strictly to DVFers ;)

A password would be a good idea IMHO :)

As would limiting numbers, although inevitably I'll be the one locked outside :D

I'll get a good few demos as well (I hope :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 10:35 am 
DVF Angry Dude
DVF Angry Dude

Count me in on sunday Too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 2:40 pm 
DVF Long Member
DVF Long Member

:) yep.. I'll be there too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 8:35 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

I'll certainly make an effort to attend :)