[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Cheats banned on BY Servers.....
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:46 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

I noticed this over in the OcUK forums today, also noticed a few names that have been playing on our server of late...

Not sure if it would be worth banning them on ours instantly as they might be reformed characters!!1 (a bit of me sez ban 'em all!)

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:23 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Well one of the main reasons that we got our own server was to avoid cheats so I'd say ban em all. Spudlington was playing the other night and he was a bit iffy to say the least, that list just confirmed my suspicions. Anyway if you were banned from loads of servers you'd try out any new ones and see how long you could get away with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:34 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

FWIW Spudlington's WonID is the same in the Jolt Server Stats so it is the same person. However it's obvious that some of the names have been assumed by these cheaters so as to claim some credibility for their "skills".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:03 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have a excel spreadsheet with all the id's and names. this will let you sort them out into wonid number or alphabetical.

If you want it mail me on glyn@whyyoulittle.fsnet.co.uk

Maybe not much use but may be of help if you suspect someone!

-=DVF=- The best way to get a large phone bill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVFCounter-StrikeTeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:32 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Righty, time for us to get this server 100%-cheat-free :D

If anyone kicks a cheat (as Leigh tells me Jibs and Ant did earlier), let me know ( nickhorton@gmx.co.uk or ICQ or these forums ) and I'll stick them in the banned.cfg file on the server. ((EDIT- I need the WONID, for those who haven't guessed :D )) (Banning from the console is not permanent). Please only email them if you're sure they cheat... or as sure as you can be .... if other DVFers agree that's best....

HomerJ, yes please send me that :) I'll email you in a sec. And i think Tinfoil had something similar a while ago didn't he?

Let's get 'em :mad:

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: Sputnik on 2001-12-20 22:38 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:37 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Just seen the file is on the yahoo group ... so ignore that mail of mine :D Although it's got stuck somewhere between my computer and the big wide internet at the moment ... :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 9:21 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

had one or two games where spudlington was on too. Seemed fine to me. No obvious cheating, no abuse. But hey, what do i know :) If theres a consensus about any individual, i'd back the group. Played on a by server the other night (1am & no-one was on ours) & the difference was pretty marked, it was easier to count the people not cheating! Ours seems pretty good to me & though I'd like to see it 100% cheat free I'd also like to avoid us turning into mini hitlers. It's a fine balance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:35 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Do you have the anti-OGC plug-ins on your server?

I might not get them all but it's better than nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:04 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

What may be of use is have a set person who can add to the .xls file any cheater (or suspect) wonID and name. that way we can print out the file (either by ID or name) and it may help us.

I think that the ID is more important as the username can change!! that way if the name is different then possibly in a 3rd colum have a list of alias names for the single wonID!!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:36 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

All the WonIDs in that excel file are now banned from the server :)

Big thanks to Homer for putting them all in one column (if it was you :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:37 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

The stats page does pick up if someone changes their name, it shows everybodys alias, if they have one check out gromit.uk for example

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:33 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

hehe... Strange u picked that one Leigh ;) LOL

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:43 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 2:52 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

:)

Twas me. Needed the practice of excel.

What would be good is a central DB for a number of clans to add cheaters so that if you cheat on one server you name/id will be added so each server can ban people.

But what happens if the ban is false, somebody has a grudge and has banned a non-cheater?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:39 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

You can get a list of cheats and Wonids from here too.

http://www.gamersforum.co.uk/cheats/showf2.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:25 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:01 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

They both sound like good ideas paul :)