[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Anyone use custom skins?
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:58 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

What are they like quality wise, and ease of install wise?

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:31 am 

Easy enough to install, just a case of overwriting one file per model - though it's obviously a good idea to back up your models dir to revert back to originals if you wish.

Quality obviously varies, but if u don’t like them, it’s easy enough to copy originals back.

Try as a start.

Don’t use them myself tho, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the originals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:12 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Ive got a load of droid models and some new hostage skins I thoughti would try. Also some of the skins I have seen for guns look the dogs dangly bits too.

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:07 pm 

I had a bit of trouble with hostage models till I realised there were 2 sets.

Can't check what they are cos I'm in the process of reinstalling everything but think they're called hostage and scientist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:23 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Wow, Thats a mint site :) Some cool weapon skins and some nice player skins too, Just downloaded a few and very easy to install :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:51 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I had to do a full reinstall too last night, coz when installng some maps, I overwrote the ENV folder in gfx. This caused all the radio and screen text to go wrong. Only took 20 mins to fully reinstall everything though. Thank god

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:16 pm 

Yeah, but my bloody hard drive crashed :(

I expected it really cos it's been coughing and spluttering 4 the past few days.

At least I had backups, but now I just need a copy of the software I made the backups with to get at them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:08 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Same here, although the ones that do work are great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:29 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cant get the site up, Any one else haveing trouble?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 10:39 pm 

The skinshack one? It's working 4 me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:48 pm 

There's a pack here which is meant 2b good -

Not tried it myself, as 30MB is a bit much over 56k only to find out it's crap, but maybe some of u on fast connections might wanna try it and say what it's like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:02 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Well I am d/l it now, will let you know later on what its like.

jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:30 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

What do you need to backup to do the new skins?

IS this the same as skinhack, or are they just for your PC only?

Couldnt you just do one side the sille skins so that you know who they are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:48 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

To backup my working config of cs I just copied the entire sierra directory to a folder named - you got it - BackupSierra.
I just copy back the skins folder when I want to go back to original skins. etc.

jamie