[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - Suggestion for next DVF games
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 1:57 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Use different maps?

Rather than the usual bunch have a game using maps that are not usually played. nuke, tundra/etc. Also give notice so tat if people dont have the maps they can dl them.

Even if the maps are not very good it will make a change from the usual ones.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 2:13 pm 

That's a slow echo ;)

Custom map servers tend to be fairly quiet, so if we can find a decent one and get the map rotation we could have a game on one of these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:00 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

I get all my maps from here
http://www.counter-strike.ch/content/ft ... e/maps/de/
and here
http://www.planethalflife.com/csmaps/archive.asp.
Oh and this site is good for map packs
http://www.cs-maps.jolt.co.uk/index.php?page=packs.html

jamie

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: jamie on 2001-08-25 15:01 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:43 pm 

Anyone wanna try this NGUK server one night - <b>212.137.72.27:27018</b>

You'll need to download the

List of maps:

<i>de_rise
de_maresa
de_celtic
cs_dune
cs_india
cs_winternights
de_village
de_tombraid
de_storm</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:38 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have downloaded the smaller of the 2 files (11 meg and 20 meg) and have tried the maps.

Not bad, but the dune map has a few good 'tricks' I wanna see what a SAS fella looks like driving the buggy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 10:48 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

The larger one takes just over an hour on a 56k.

Not sure if they are worth it but maybe when CS 1.3 is out somebody could do a cd with all the bits on (CS 1.3, possibly pod thingies, few more maps (survivor), HL .7 version/etc then it could be sent to whoever wants it, they then copy the stuff and then forward it onto the next person?

This may be suitable for people who cannot afford to DL such large items?

-=DVF=- The best way to get a large phone bill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVFCounter-StrikeTeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 10:57 pm 

I'd say there all excellent, with the exception of maresa and dune.

Some of the others take a while to get in to, but once you do they have really good gameplay, certainly up there with any of the official maps.

Are you on PAYG or something Homer? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get fixed rate package?

<b>One other thing cos it's really bugging me!</b> Was de_village in any of the earlier betas of CS, cos it reminds me of a map I've played before, but I can't put my finger on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:35 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

I think it would be a great idea if someone put together a cd of the maps, cs 1.3 and whatever new upgrades/builds of the halflife core. I'd pay any costs incurred naturally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:55 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am on freeserve surftime off peak.

Not bad for me but thinking about others!

As said we should all suggest maps, mods, different but good skins then someone with a decent connection (ADSL, cable) could then DL them and put them on a cd.

this cd would be sent around to whoever wants it, after the prevoius person has copied it.

Each person would have to pay postage and get a new envelope (EN you realise not ON) to send it on, meaning its not free.

Possible?

-=DVF=- The best way to get a large phone bill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVFCounter-StrikeTeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:22 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have cable and i already have lots on cd`s, skins/maps etc, Just tell me what you want :)

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: ant_si on 2001-08-31 17:23 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:25 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

A normal 27p stamp covers the smallest jiffy bag you can get and a CD, just incase anyone was wondering :)

Perhaps another idea is we could add stuff ourselves to the CD as it goes around, although that might get a bit complicated and silly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:39 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Just send me a cd and a stamp and i will download u any cs related stuff :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:50 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Same here. If lots of CDs are required I'd be happy to pick up the slack and send a few. I already have a number of blank CDrs and an ADSL connection so if people suggest what to include I'll make sure I have it if I'm needed.