[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - is GTA actually any good?
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: is GTA actually any good?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:24 pm 

Is it just me or is GTA overrated?? I bought the double disc thingy on xbox and have played a fair few hours of GTA III and cant see what the fuss is about? I have thought about trading the game in but I quite like the silver box!! and I was wondering if maybe GTA III isnt actually that great but maybe GTA Vice City is??

The driving seems pretty lame compared to the likes of Project Gotham 2! the on foot sections and fighting are quite frankly pretty awful - aiming etc? - and ok the best thing about it is I can use the xbox custom soundtrack to drive around to offspring, bad religion, Therapy et al. the graphics are nothing special, the story is... er... something about gangsters! and.................. I was just wondering if I should stick with it until Vice City or just trade it in? I know it has this free roaming city business but so did Shenmue whilst Morrowind has massive freedom yet both never got the acclaim that GTA did even tho they were far more ambitious, far less controversial (which maybe was the problem!) and far more involving/satisfying.

GTA III to me is just a decent fun, half an hour pick up and play type arcade game - am I missing something? should I stick with it? hmmm.....?

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:34 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

You should unplay the game. Grab a car then just pull up on the beach and listen to some tunes. I found GTA a bit dire too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:01 pm 
Not as many posts as Leigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:16 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Make Woz green!

Damn you for cancelling: Invasion, Firefly, Now and Again, Greg the Bunny, Futurama, Angel, Odyssey 5, Farscape, Blade: The Series!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:22 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Make Woz green!

Damn you for cancelling: Invasion, Firefly, Now and Again, Greg the Bunny, Futurama, Angel, Odyssey 5, Farscape, Blade: The Series!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:29 pm 
DVF Moderator
DVF Moderator

Make Woz green!

Post subject: yeah but
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:57 pm 

I dont have a short attention span - see Morrowind and Shenmue, I actually much prefer games which you can get stuck into - the problem I had with GTA III is that it seems aimed at people ONLY with a short attention span?? as in it's only entertainingish in short 30 min bursts? maybe I read your msg wrong! I was just really unimpressed with the fact here was this big city that was free to do whatever you like EXCEPT that you couldnt actually do whatever you like! you couldnt go inside buildings, you couldnt talk to anyone on the street - basically the only freedom I found was that you can run over as many people as you like, shoot anyone and no one locks their car doors whilst driving!

ripper!

as I say Vice City looked slightly better as you could enter building unless I am mistaken? and surely the gunfighting couldnt be quite so bad.. could it?

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:21 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:56 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Counter strike: Source
//IOA - Intollerant of Arseholes
Join Us On: cs.ioa-clan.co.uk:27015

Last edited by KillJoy on Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:00 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Counter strike: Source
//IOA - Intollerant of Arseholes
Join Us On: cs.ioa-clan.co.uk:27015

Post subject: .......
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 pm 

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:50 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Vaiyo A-O A Home Va Ya Ray Vaiyo A-Rah Jerhume Brunnen G

Post subject: ........
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:01 pm 

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:03 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Location: n. # A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post subject: yeah!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:05 pm 

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:31 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Vaiyo A-O A Home Va Ya Ray Vaiyo A-Rah Jerhume Brunnen G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:27 pm 
Forum Member
Forum Member

Location: n. # A place where something is or could be located; a site.