[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - The retro game thread.
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The retro game thread.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:21 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

So seen as there is a lot of yap about the older games in other threads, who remembers this lot.
Paying £60 for streetfighter2 on the snes, then another 20 for a US adapter for it.
Managing to do the cheat in sf2 at the start when the capcom logo booted up.
Nearly buying a megacd on the basis of a video game with some half naked US chicks in it. w00t!
Completing Super Mario World, including all the hidden levels.
Not liking Castlevania.
Buying Japanese games for the Mega Drive then realising the instructions were also - you guessed it - in Japanese. D'oh! unplayable RPG! never again.
Playing ridge racer for the ps1 for the first time. Its so realistic. :nuts:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:54 pm 

Location: Frozen Food Section of Safeways and other Food Stores
How about playing SNIPER on the zx81 - game outline:

Block-man appears at a horizontal position on the screen (1-10), you press which position you think he is at, if you are correct he puts his hands in the air - MUCH FUN!

Post subject: hmmm.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:00 pm 

I'd just like to start by saying my computer is a piece of ass and I'm running every known computer scan to mankind to try and fix whatever the hell is making my internet explorer as reliable as Merseyrail trains.

now..... as for remembering paying £60 :eek: for a game on the snes, DO I HELL! as I owned a megadrive and they didnt charge extortionate prices :norty: Nintendo did have a bit of a history (I may be wrong here by the way!) of bumping up cartridge prices, I seem to remember some angry letters in Mean Machines anyway.

now I DO remember thinking just how unbelievable the graphics were on FIFA! and how amazing NHL 94 was then buying NHL 95 the next yr, remembered that NHL 94 was better through rose tinted glasses then played it again and found out that your men ran the speed of Paula Radcliffe when she realised she couldnt win :nuts: I never made that mistake again. tho FIFA and NHL on megadrive whupped any subsequent installments.

I remember playing about 1000 rounds on PGA golf on the Megadrive (the good one not the European Tour) I had an average round of 9 under par (on Tiger woods its about 21 under par!) and 15 holes in one etc etc 95% driving accuracy and the list goes on. Anyway I could go round and shoot 100 over and my stats would not budge I had played the game so much. I was really proud of my record. One day when I was playing the game I checked my stats and accidentally hit delete stats, OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO I wailed as my brother laughed his f'in ass off, I was about to throw the control pad (DAMN THE WOODEN FLOORS MY MUM HAS NOW HAD FITTED) when it flashed up on screen, press yes to confirm 'YESSSSSS' I screamed to my brothers dismay but in my unconfined joy I hit the confirm button and needless to say my control pad never worked again, my eyes filled, my brother was crying but not with sorrow and I uttered the immortal phrase - ripper. or was it 'shut up Pete you dickhead'?? oh memories memories.

I also remember calling my Phantasy Star II character Rad (which is where my team name comes from as I have called all my characters that ever since!) I LOVED THAT GAME. then they brought out 3 and 4 and they were too easy, the first Phantasy Star on Master System was fantastic too, I hope they release the pack on Xbox one day. apparently they are releasing every sonic game on megadrive and game gear onto the next gen systems in one bundle! is this my longest msg yet?? bye bye :thumbs:

good topic by the way ;)

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:44 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject: ....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:54 am 

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:15 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Ack, you were the sort of guy I used to hate playing at sf. Find a move, stick with it. No skill involved, press kick as fast as possible, then some more. :x
I found Mortla Kombat to be a bag of shite, and did anyone ever play the streetfighter:movie game? :eek: Even Kylie in a beret couldnt save that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:44 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Omg I cannot belive that I am putting this in print but here we go.

I completed street fighter 2 on the megadrive once, by using the headphones only as my stupid step dad had managed to break the rf adapter. So I pluged my stereo headphones in the socket on the front and off I went. I won by fireballing and dragon punching constantly. You could tell if you where on the wrong side of your enemy, because you would do the move and nothing would happen. I even got a few perfect rounds against some characters. Now all my mates agree that this must be the saddest thing ever in gaming history. Oh and I had the mother of all blisters on my thumb the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:31 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Loser. :nuts:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:24 am 
Not as many posts as Leigh
Not as many posts as Leigh

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:27 am 

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN