[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - de_witness (beta release)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: de_witness (beta release)
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:21 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Those of you that still play CS:S maybe interested in this...

de_witness_b1

I've prepared a beta release of a map that's more-or-less complete.
It's now available for download .

You'll also find more info and several screenshots of the map as it stands.
(yeah I know the website's crap but its late and I have work tomorrow). :o

If any of you have the time and inclination to download and give me some feedback then I'd really appreciate it
(post a response, or email me direct: wintermute@twistedpuppy.co.uk).

The map supports bots and they've been tweaked quite a bit to behave as well as possible.
It has 40 spawn points, but I'm guessing 10-30 players would play best.

It still has a few unresolved issues I know about:
- a couple of CT spawn points are just outside a buyzone
- the elevator buttons work fine but need to be redone to look right.
But I'm gonna be away for the rest of the week, so thought I'd throw it out there to see what comes back :)

There are some plans to have a beta test evening on the IOA server sometime soon (possibly next Sunday - 7th May) - will post details if/when anything is confirmed.

In the meantime, any feedback on the map would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers,
Wintermute
:thumbs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:20 am 

For anyone who's interested in attending the beta test, please post your interest in .

The server will be locked during the beta test, so I'll PM the password out to
whoever posts in the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:43 am 

Just a quick reminder for those who would like to join in the beta test of
de_witness tomorrow night.

Please post your interest in this thread or on
so I know who to PM the password to.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:20 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Thanks to the guys who dropped in tonight - really appreciate your time and the feedback on the map.
Overall, I'm really pleased with how things are coming together and tonight's session will help me focus on what improvements need to be made to improve balance and gameplay.

Will try and get it updated as soon as I can.
Cheers
:thumbs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:28 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

How does it play then? Looks groovy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 am 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Cheers J :thumbs:

It plays OK - I'm really pleased as the performance is great (which means the optimising techniques I'm using are working, so I can make it more detailed and add some stuff I wanted to do).

The only obvious problem that I wasn't expecting was a heavy bias towards on-rushing Ts (the score was something like 40-10 to T side over about 90 mins).
But I've got a couple of ideas that should make things more balanced (basically by favouring the CTs more at contact points and narrowing/reducing the routes available to T's).

The beta testers tonight gave me a couple of cracking ideas for this, so it's just a case of making a few (hopefully fairly minor) tweaks.

It'll probably take me a little while to come up with an updated version (maybe a week or two, depending on other stuff); but overall the map's had some really good feedback (including a fair number of positive unsolicited email comments); so I've got a bit of enthusiasm to get it done.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:53 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member

Well, it's nearly done :D

If you go to my website , you can now obtain the latest (and hopefully final) beta release of de_witness.

I've also updated it with a load of new screenshots (hopefully you'll see some improvements from the first beta - spent a lot of time tarting it up :o ).

In response to the two biggest issues from the first beta (T bias and some routes too open) I've tightened up the contact points (some bits have changed quite dramatically).

Really appreciated the feedback from the last beta test guys, so same again please if you've got the time (bugs/comments/bits you love/hate).
(post a response, or email me direct: wintermute@twistedpuppy.co.uk).

Couple of sample screenies (loads more ).

de_witness_b2

There may well be a server test of soon on the IOA server (possibly next weekend).
If you're interested then keep an eye on thread.

Gonna be busy with other stuff 'til next Sunday, but I'd appreciate your thoughts in the meantime.

Cheers,
Wintermute

P.S. Yes, those are security cameras; and yes they work.
:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:03 pm 
DVF Member
DVF Member