[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
-=DVF=- Gaming Community • View topic - FAO : Sputnik - de_tain2 teleporty thingy.
-=DVF=- Gaming Community
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FAO : Sputnik - de_tain2 teleporty thingy.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:47 pm 

:D

:D

should be my teleport tester bsp.....9 rooms, each done with a diff texture so u can tell its a diff room, theres only 1 spawn point as its a test.....its in a large black chute, at the bottom is my teleporty changer thingy. at the end of each room is a AAAtrigger texture, walk into that and itll teleport u back into the chute.

jst join CT....itll take u 2 first room, walk back into teleporter....ull appear back in the chute, and drop down into a diff room each time :D

:thumbs:

217.163.30.167:27015 - clan CSS server - http://www.cc-clan.co.uk/
::CC::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:34 am 

you had a looky at this sput?....done it using the same method and tags etc i posted in the "great fun map" thread :thumbs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:49 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Sorry I've been meaning to but haven't quite managed to yet :D I'm pretty busy at the mo so anything that involves more than browsing doesn't get done :o I'll have a look today though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:32 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Nice, it works pretty well as far as I can tell :) I think it would have been a better way of doing Tain2, both in terms of fewer problems and entity usage, and would fit in fine for your allinone map (and mine if I make it :) ) I wonder how it would cope with people landing on it at exactly the same time (and so quickly that more than one person ends up at each destination), though, but depending on server lag it should be about as fool proof as it could be :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:04 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:07 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:19 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

It's not really a case of selecting nice-sounding entities that you've not used yet and sticking them in the map, y'know :nuts: ;)

Use env_renders if you need to in order to create an effect you want and prefer them to an alternative method for some reason, but you may find that you can do the same with fewer entities in another way ;)

Globals are fairly tricky to get right, but once you've got the hang of them they're a great help and add another dimension to a game's mechanics :) (But are often unnecessary). On de_slit they're used for the computer-blowing-up bit, if you've played it. Basically they remember the value of a setting and can return it when something asks, so triggering something will do one thing if the global setting is such and such, and another if it's something else.

Be careful with beams on your map, as they are laggy. (They definitely contributed to de_blockwars lag :( ) To create a random event generator, the point you need to know is that if they target a number of identically-named targets the beam will choose one at random. If you're so inclined you can be a bit silly and make a visible random generator, like this in Blockwar ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:37 am 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Work it out yourself :p Look for a texture types tutorial (on countermap maybe), or Wally even tells you when you paste a texture into a wad :p If you still can't work it out then I'll tell you ;) :p

And yes, it's a button :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:22 pm 

well i know wally tells u what things to put infront of textures....{ an ! and stuff.....(i didnt figure this outt ill after making CRO_Heat tho.....so thats y the railings werent see thru...DOH!) but that no help me much :?

and fine ill figure it out meself....bah....im meant to be lazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:36 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Oh go on then :tongue:

The character for an animated texture is +, followed by a number 0 to 9. You use +0 for the starting texture, and then add however many more you need. I think the refresh rate is 1/10 of a second - I can't quite remember but that makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:54 pm 

so u mean u put in like 5 diff textures.....called +0anim, +1anim, +2anim, +3anim, +4anim for example...then it reads em an makes em into 1 texture???

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:17 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:17 pm 

cool ^^

i was just wondering sput, i spoke to you a while back concerning the spawn point next to the pipes and whether it was deliberate or not,

did you put it there to add a little excitement to the map's gameplay, cause' that's how i remember you putting it.
only asking because there was a little confusion the other day on whether it was a bug/exploit or feature

Peace V3 - Digitally remastered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:32 pm 
DVF Admin
DVF Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:42 pm 

Peace V3 - Digitally remastered